Summary (cover blurb) Edit
Claire never thought she’d leave Morganville, but when she gets accepted into the graduate program at MIT, she can’t pass up the opportunity. Saying good-bye to her friends is bittersweet, especially since things are still raw and unsettled between Claire and her boyfriend, Shane.
She moves in with her best friend Elizabeth from high school, who she finds out is not the same girl she left behind, as she now has dark secrets and disturbing tendencies.
Her new life at MIT is scary and exciting, but Morganville is never really far from Claire’s mind. Enrolled in a special advanced study program with Dr Irene Anderson, a former Morganville native, Claire is able to work on her machine, which is designed to cancel the mental abilities of vampires.
But when she begins testing her machine on live subjects, things quickly spiral out of control, and Claire starts to wonder whether leaving Morganville was the last mistake she’ll ever make...
Key Plot PointsEdit
Key Plot Points that advance the story
- This is the second time Claire got to leave Morganville. The first time was in Kiss of Death where she and her friends went to Dallas.
- We meet Dr Irene Anderson one of Myrnin's old assistants.
See Also Edit
- Next Book: Daylighters (2013) ~ final book
- Previous Book: Bitter Blood (2012)
- The Morganville Vampires series